Wonders of Water
Through the Wonders of Water (WOW) curriculum students will be able to:
- Understand what a watershed is.
- Development in the Lake Tahoe Watershed affects Lake Tahoe directly
- Determine ways to improve water quality in Lake Tahoe through erosion control practices (BMPs).
- Point source and non-point source pollution
Trees are Terrific
These lessons are important as they teach students about Forest Health. Forest Health is important to water quality because it allows for water infiltration into the soil rather than running off into nearby lakes and streams.
Through the Trees are Terrific curriculum, students will be able to:
- Describe the many parts of a tree and their function.
- Understand the three elements of fire and predict what would happen if one of the elements is absent.
- Understand how fire affects trees, wildlife and people.
- Understand people’s role in keeping forests safe from fire.